Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
Most of your business – and your BEST business – will always come from referrals/repeats or other people in your sphere. But for many agents, they can’t get a foot in the door, and that’s why most agents will fail after only 5 years in the business. I’ve invited Justin Lindsey on the show for this episode, to talk to me about how to stop chasing business and start attracting business, cultivating and nurturing your sphere so that clients come to you.
Justin is based in St. Louis, Missouri, and is the Brand Director for Attracktor. We’re discussing the two ways you can attract clients: either from referrals or repeats, or by targeting new, cold customers. We’ve talked about referrals and repeats on this show before: it’s key to nurture your relationships with your existing sphere, stay on top of people’s minds, and get your existing audience to share your name with their friends and families.
Attracting cold business can be a little trickier, but Justin and I discuss some easy, straightforward techniques that can help. Namely: establishing your own personal brand, zeroing in on who your “buyer avatar” is, and making sure you’re in front of them. Justin shares two stories of two very different agents who were struggling to establish themselves, despite their potential for strong brands. Now, using Justin’s techniques of attracting business, they’re growing. By the end of this episode, you’ll be able to start using his techniques yourself.
- Why do most real estate agents fail within 5 years of starting out?
- The biggest reason cold-calling doesn’t work (and it has nothing to do with clients!)
- What leading real estate agents say is the BEST source for leads
- How long it takes before most people will remember what you do for a living
- Why your method of communication (e.g. video vs. text) can make you stand out from the crowd
- How to define your personal brand
- What is a “buyer avatar” and what’s yours?
- The three key steps to attracting business to you, instead of chasing it
For more great information about attracting business, check out:
- The Real Estate Marketing Dude’s FREE 3-part training series: realestatemarketingdude.com/attract-retain-1-2/
You can also find out more about the Attracktor program at attracktor.com.