Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
Getting the best referral business is all about putting yourself out there and staying in front of people’s minds! Successful businesspeople are using video to transform how they communicate with their target audiences and market their brands. Jeff Pfitzer is a mortgage broker in the St. Louis area, and is using a combination of video marketing and great service that’s built his agent referrals up to 80-90% of his business. In this episode of The Real Estate Marketing Dude, I’ve brought Jeff on to tell me his branding secrets and how his videos are disrupting the market.
Are you an employee or are you running a business? That’s a key part of what we’re talking about. Are you dependent on a big website like Zillow for your leads, or are you putting yourself out there and bringing in your own business? Jeff and I discuss why depending on Zillow is a bad idea, and what it looks like when you break free and start thinking of yourself as a business rather than an employee.
Jeff is using video to differentiate himself from his competition, so we talk about what it is about video that catches people’s attention. We talk about why, if you’re in the real estate business, your videos should almost NEVER be about real estate, as counterintuitive as that sounds. Finally, Jeff talks me through the development process behind his first ever video, which had over 4,000 views in its first week.
- Why differentiating yourself in the mortgage industry is key
- Building a brand is a fundamental skill
- How to stand out in your market
- The three most important parts of video communication: body language, tone, and content
- Why you should never talk about real estate your videos
- How to work hard to position yourself, even in a slow market
- Why customers don’t remember you until they’ve seen you seven times or more
- An example of the type of high-engagement video that will make an impact
Connect with Jeff Pfitzer:
The best way to reach Jeff directly is by text at (314) 220-4945. You can also call!