Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
Derek Esquivel is today’s guest on the podcast. Last week we talked about how not to be forgotten. Today, we’re going to dive into the 3 marketing channels that help you stay on the front of people’s minds.
“How do you stay in touch with people but at the same time, not annoy them?” – Mike
Channel #1: Facebook – If you’re not on it, you’re in the wrong business.
- Personal pages for referrals, Fan page for cold marketing efforts.
- All of your friends live somewhere and have the ability to refer someone. I expect them to use me when they need a real estate professional and refer me when they know someone who needs a real estate professional.
- Post relevant content on your page. Use article and videos. Do something that stands out.
- Create opportunities for engagement by asking questions.
- It doesn’t matter what you post as long as it’s visual. Tell your daily story. You’re not doing it to sell houses. You’re doing it to stay on top of mind.
- Look for those ‘Facebook Moments’. Share as often as you like, 3-6 a week is great.
“Take real estate related photos on Instagram, then share them to Facebook and kill two birds with one stone” – MIke
Channel #2: Video Email Marketing – Video eliminates barriers – it’s gives tone, content and body language in one.
- Templated boilerplate emails get deleted 99% of that time. No one has time for that.
- People like to click “Play”.
- Mike’s open-rate for his video emails is on average, 40+%
- His goal isn’t to generate leads, it’s meant to stay on top of mind
- We send roughly 2 videos per month – one is market related, one is holiday related, just to keep the touches ongoing and building the relationship
“Keep it easy and keep doing it.” – Derek
Channel #3: Direct Mail – Everyone checks their mail. There is a 100% deliverability rate unless you have the wrong address. There is also a 100% open rate.
- Direct mail is tangible. Even if you’re throwing it out, you still have to pick it up and look at it. You are seeing it no matter what.
- Everything has gone digital. Traditional mail stands out because everyone else has gone the other way.
- Send fun facts. Holiday greetings. Informational tidbits.
- Mike sends 21 postcards/year to his existing database. It’s about 200 people. It costs him about 2500 per year. The ROI is tremendous, he’s turning his contact list into his sales force.
It’s a mathematical equation. 61% of your business is referrals and repeat clients. As long as they remember what you do, people like to refer. Stay on top of mind.
Thanks for listening. You can find Mike Cuevas at http://www.Realestatemarketingdude.com to get your complete blueprint on building your business or you can connect with him on social media:
How Do You Find More Clients?
Creating a better system to remind people what you do for a living is one of the things you can be doing to increase referral business, but it’s not everything.
Would you be interested in learning more about adapting a several marketing systems that work simultaneously in your business to create multiple lead sources? Do you want to run a business instead of being run by one? Do you hate cold calling or cold prospecting?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions maybe this can help you. GO HERE TO GET STARTED