Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
What are agents looking for in a brokerage? And how can you distinguish your firm from all the others to attract top talent?
‘Be willing to do what the other guy or gal is not willing to do.’
Cory Rosier serves as the Director of Business Development for Big Block Realty, the fastest-growing brokerage in the US. Big Block is different from the traditional brokerage because they believe that the brokerage works for the agent—not the other way around. Big Block provides its customer-agents with world-class support and training, 100% commission, and ample opportunities for recognition. In his three years with the firm, Cory has recruited 900-plus agents.
Today, Cory joins me to share his take on the top three things agents are looking for in a brokerage. He speaks to the importance of culture and reviews the consistent slate of social and educational events Big Block offers. We discuss the Big Block Winner’s Circle program and annual holiday party, looking at the value in recognizing top-performing agents and the role events can play in a brokerage’s marketing strategy. Listen in to understand how Big Block goes above and beyond to support its agents, and learn how to establish a culture of customer service that attracts—and retains—top talent!
- Why Cory considers culture to be the most important aspect of a brokerage
- The role of support and training in attracting agents to your brokerage
- How Big Block empowers agents with the tools to expand their business
- How Big Block has achieved a 75% referral ratio
- The relaxed atmosphere of the Big Block office
- Big Block’s consistent slate of social and educational events
- How Big Block recognizes top-producing agents through Winner’s Circle
- The support aspect of Big Block
- How Big Block empowers agents to create their own brand
- Individualized training vs. teaching to the masses
- How the Zappos focus on customer service inspired Big Block
- Cory’s advice around recruiting presentation