Are you focused inward? Chasing money? Obsessed with the size of your next commission check? Benjamin Ross argues that opportunities come disguised as other people’s problems, and if you grow your impact, business will come to you. In fact, the best way to attract clients is to follow your passion and make service a fundamental part of the work you do.
Ben is a real estate investor and landlord turned agent with Mission Real Estate Group out of McAllen, Texas. He has 17 years of experience in the space, serving private investment companies in the realm of real estate acquisitions and management. Ben has a passion for teaching others about the industry, and he regularly speaks to students, journalists and bloggers about the business of real estate.
On this episode, Ben joins me to discuss his volunteer work with the local school district’s Entrepreneurship Institute, explaining how it allows him to network with community leaders and small business owners. He shares the health crisis that inspired him to consider his legacy and offers insight around the connection between impact and opportunity. Listen in for Ben’s advice on shifting your focus outward to serve first and find the WHY behind your business.
- Ben’s work with the local school’s Entrepreneurship Institute
- Why Ben donates 10% of his commission to the program
- How volunteer work leads to networking opportunities
- Why it’s crucial to build a TRUST factor in your community
- How opportunities come disguised as other’s problems
- The health crisis that inspired Ben to think about his legacy
- The connection between impact and opportunity
- Positioning yourself as a vital member of the community
- Shifting focus outward to find the WHY behind your business