Without a doubt, you have heard the terms cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, but you may or may not be aware of how these innovations function or their potential to disrupt the real estate industry. What are the benefits of storing real estate data on the blockchain? How might the blockchain transform the way real estate changes hands in the very near future? How could an understanding of the space give you an edge as an agent?
Matthew Sullivan is the founder and CEO of quantumRE, a membership-based network built on blockchain technology that facilitates the trading of tokens backed by physical real estate interests and allows homeowners to access the equity value of their property without taking on additional debt. Matthew is a serial entrepreneur who has founded and led companies in the UK, India, Australia and the US in the finance, telecommunications, technology, crowdfunding and real estate investment sectors.
Today, Matthew joins me to explain the fundamentals of blockchain technology and its potential to alter the way real estate changes hands moving forward. He shares the benefits of the blockchain in acting as a ‘source of truth’ resistant to manipulation and making real estate more efficient at the buy/sell level. Matthew and I discuss how agents might leverage an understanding of blockchain technology to differentiate themselves via hyperlocal content, to maintain relationships with clients, and to support homeowners in accessing the equity in their home for renovations or real estate investments. Listen in to understand how you can work with the quantmRE platform to add value for clients—and earn commissions for referrals along the way!
- How the blockchain will alter the way real estate changes hands
- The blockchain’s function as a ledger system that stores data securely
- How the blockchain acts as a source of truth resistant to fraud, manipulation
- How the blockchain can make real estate more efficient at the buy/sell level
- The role of cryptocurrency as a mechanism to move value from person to person
- How crowdfunding served as a precursor to cryptocurrency
- The opportunity for agents to create hyperlocal content around blockchain tech
- How quantmRE will allow homeowners to access their equity without selling
- quantmRE’s plans to create a cryptocurrency back by real estate interests
- How quantmRE can help homeowners rehab their property
- How agents can earn commissions by referring homeowners to quantmRE
- The role quantmRE can play in helping agents maintain client relationships
- How agents could leverage quantmRE to help clients invest in real estate
- Matthew’s insight on getting educated in the realm of blockchain technology
Connect with Matthew Sullivan
Learn more about quantmRE at quantm.one.