Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
What’s the key to defining yourself with a strong personal brand? In John Butler’s case, it’s a visual thing: he’s The Bald Guy with a Red Tie, and he uses his personal brand to run a real estate business that’s 100% referral-based. I’ve invited John on the show for this episode to tell me the secrets of where his brand came from, and how he uses it to attract consistent business.
John’s alter ego was born in a casino. He tells me the story of how he became The Bald Guy with a Red Tie and why it stuck. We also talk about how anyone can find their own brand, and why it needs to be authentic. We discuss why the visual reminder of his brand is so effective for him, and of course, we talk about the numbers: why just 10-15% of Americans moving this year means that YOU could also get 100% of your business in referrals.
One of the core parts of The Bald Guy with a Red Tie’s brand marketing is video. John takes me through how he produces his videos, what content he produces, and how he gets that video content into the hands of prospective clients. We also talk about creative ideas for video content that can make you stand out from the crowd.
- Where did the “Bald Guy, Red Tie” brand originate?
- How to identify your personal brand
- Why just 10-15% of Americans moving this year could mean more referrals for you
- How to target potential customers BEFORE they’re even in the property market
- Ways to differentiate your video marketing from your competitors
- Examples of strongly branded real estate businesses
- Why a 19% dissatisfaction rate with realtors is bad for the industry, but could be good for you
- The best length for Facebook marketing videos
- How to bulk-produce videos
- Why video can be good for buyers, too