We do business with the people we know, like and trust. But what if you don’t KNOW anyone? What if you’re brand spanking new to an area, and you don’t have a sphere of influence to market to? How do you break into a new market and build a database—stat?
Paige Schulte is a real estate agent and marketing strategist out of Gig Harbor, Washington. She moved to the area on a whim two years ago and very quickly became the #1 solo agent in her market and #4 overall. Now she is teaching other realtors how to build a sphere of influence and become the go-to agent in their community through her course, Master Your Marketing with Paige.
On this episode, Paige joins me to explain why she recommends choosing the smallest viable market to reach your goals and referring business outside your Zone of Happiness to other agents. She discusses how she used Instagram stories early on to market her business, offering insight into why the most human agent WINS. Paige also describes how shining a light on area business owners has helped her go ‘local viral.’ Listen in for Paige’s advice around building an email list (that YOU own) and learn how to break into a new market WITHOUT a sphere of influence.
- What inspired Paige to move to Seattle + become a realtor
- How Paige niched down to define her Zone of Happiness
- Why Paige refers business outside her area to other agents
- Paige’s insight into why the most human agent WINS
- The daily Instagram stories Paige did to build her sphere
- Shining a light on area business owners to go ‘local viral’
- How often Paige creates content for Facebook + Instagram
- Why it’s crucial to build an email list and how Paige does it
- Paige’s advice on avoiding comparison with other agents
Connect with Paige
Get Paige’s free download, 30 Days of Social Media Posts for Real Estate Agents, and learn more about her course at paigeschulte.com. Check out her real estate site at askpaigeschulte.com or follow her on Instagram at instagram.com/paigesgig and Facebook at facebook.com/PartnerwithPaige.