Instagram is the best social media platform for engaging with an audience. But you need to post the RIGHT kind of content in your feed, in your stories and on IGTV to increase your visibility, get found in search results and build a personal brand. And the RIGHT content doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with real estate!
Dean Aguilar is the CEO of both the Dean Aguilar Group and Digital Muse, a full-service digital marketing agency with expertise in social media and video branding. His work has been featured in Forbes and BuzzFeed, and Digital Muse was recently named the fastest-growing brand agency of 2019. Dean has been in real estate since 2001, and he continues to lead a team of agents in the San Diego area.
On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Dude, Dean joins me to explain why it’s a mistake to litter your feed with social proof, sharing the difference between what we do for a living and our personal brand. He offers insight around posting playlists on IGTV and shares his top tips for getting found via keywords and hashtags. Listen in to understand what kind of content works best in your Instagram feed and learn Dean’s four-step process for scripting an Instagram story.
- Why it’s a mistake to litter your feed with social proof
- Differentiating your personal brand from what you do for a living
- How telling the story behind a property humanizes the process
- How often you should post in your feed vs. stories
- What kind of content to post in your feed and in your stories
- Dean’s four-step process for scripting an Instagram story
- Why you should be posting lifestyle videos on IGTV
- Dean’s tips for getting found with keywords + specific hashtags
- Leveraging polls and questions to increase engagement
- Dean’s take on social media as the ultimate drip system
Connect with Dean
Follow Dean on Instagram at instagram.com/realdeanaguilar.