Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
A number of real estate agents make the mistake of proposing marriage before they’ve been on the first date. Rather than using Facebook ads to build a relationship with potential clients, they jump straight into lead generation. Unfortunately, this strategy alienates more people than it attracts, and agents end up wasting a lot of money on ads that don’t convert. We all know that people choose agents they know, like and trust. But how can you leverage Facebook to tell your story, build confidence in your expertise and establish yourself as a historian of the community?
Travis Thom is the foremost Facebook marketing expert in the real estate niche. He serves agents through a coaching platform as well as a Facebook ad agency, leveraging his 14-plus years of experience and understanding of best practices to boost your ability to generate leads. Travis’ passion for marketing and his background as a licensed Realtor translate to unparalleled absorption rates and sales conversion for his agent-clients.
Today Travis explains how to retarget Facebook users who demonstrate interest through their behavior. We talk about the importance of building a relationship before you go for the lead, the role of repetition and consistency in building brand recognition, and why marketing yourself as a generalist is less effective than carving out a specific niche. Travis covers several marketing techniques in the nurturing sequence, including reciprocity, social proof, and telling your brand story.
Travis and I speak to the idea of using a landing page as bait and retargeting people who visited but didn’t sign up. We discuss the benefit afforded by Facebook ads in controlling the narrative and the opportunities around the platform’s newest feature, Facebook Watch. Listen in for Travis’ insight about the power of video content as a ‘digital snack’ and his best advice for agents who have reservations about making video a part of their Facebook marketing strategy.
- How to build a relationship before you go for the lead
- The blockbuster strategy of retargeting based on behavior
- Leveraging reciprocity as a nurturing technique
- The role of repetition and consistency in building brand recognition
- The power of print marketing in conjunction with Facebook ads
- Using case studies to provide social proof of your success
- Building a retarget audience with landing page visitors who didn’t sign up
- How ads targeted to your email list differ from social farming
- The advantage of Facebook ads in controlling the narrative
- Making your brand story the first ad in a nurturing sequence
- The five core pillars of the nurturing sequence
- The power of sharing your story on a personal level
- Why video resonates with potential clients
- The value of identifying your real estate niche
- The opportunities provided by the new Facebook Watch platform
- Travis’ advice around employing video content as a ‘digital snack’
Connect with Travis Thom
Visit http://www.travisthom.com to access resources around real estate marketing and learn more about the services Travis provides!