You walk into a bar and see an attractive person. What do you say? Do you try to close immediately and propose a serious, intimate relationship right away? Of course not! So, why do real estate agents skip the rapport-building part of prospecting and jump straight to the sale? What if we stopped reciting scripts with our leads and started having real conversations about what they need?
Dale Archdekin is the founder of Smart Inside Sales, a real estate training and coaching company that helps teams boost lead conversion and productivity. Prior to launching Smart Inside Sales, Dale served as the Director of Lead Generation for a Keller Williams top-performing megateam, leading them to double their sales to $200M in three short years.
On this episode, Dale joins me to explain why agents need to learn the principles of conversation as opposed to memorizing scripts. He offers insight around understanding a lead’s mindset and meeting them where they are, discussing the top three mistakes we make with prospects on the phone. Dale also shares his Polar Bear Pickup approach to brand new leads and his now/sooner/logical-next-step system for follow-up. Listen in for Dale’s advice on leveraging phone, text, email and social media communication with potential clients and learn how he provides benefit for prospects rather than trying to sell them!
- How Dale became an expert at cold calls + lead conversion
- Why Dales teaches principles of conversation vs. scripting
- The art of identifying and solving for a prospect’s pain
- Understanding a lead’s mindset and meeting them there
- The biggest mistakes agents make in phone conversations
- Dale’s now/sooner/logical-next-step approach to follow-up
- How agents can learn to effectively handle resistance
- Dale’s advice on matching the person you’re talking to
- Using Dale’s Polar Bear Pickup with brand new leads
- Leveraging phone, text, email + social media communication
- What messages to automate and what you need to do live