Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
‘Real estate is not about who you know. It’s about who you know who knows what you do.’ Building a successful real estate business is about cultivating relationships, playing the long game versus the transactional game, staying in touch and top of mind with clients—and technology allows us to make those connections with more people in less time.
Kevin Markarian is the founder of Marker Real Estate, a 45-agent firm with offices in San Francisco and Orange County. Kevin’s success stems from an approach that leverages technology and marketing systems to generate leads, empowering his team with the necessary roadmap to generate business on a consistent basis.
Today Kevin shares Marker Real Estate’s brokerage model, explaining how his systems allow the business to run on autopilot. He discusses the qualities he is looking for in team members and how he educates new agents in creating opportunities for themselves. We discuss the specific CRM Kevin employs to hold his team accountable and identify areas of growth, as well as the integrated apps Marker Real Estate is making use of to stay top of mind with leads.
Kevin and I cover the importance of personalization in automated marketing systems, discussing how a little authenticity can go a long way. Kevin lets me in on his approach to building a substantial lead database, and we talk through the importance of cultivating relationships with clients. Kevin offers some great tips around marketing to your sphere of influence—without becoming an annoyance—and leveraging your contact database and available technology to generate consistent business.
- Marker Real Estate’s philosophy of growth through empowerment
- How Kevin coaches his agents to create predictable income
- The three qualities Kevin looks for in hiring team members
- How Marker Real Estate built a substantial lead database
- How Kevin’s CRM works with Agentology and Agent Legend to stay top of mind with leads
- The importance of personalization and authenticity in automated messaging
- The role of Marker Real Estate’s inside sales team
- The art of reaching out regularly without becoming annoying
- Kevin’s genius automated holiday voicemail tactic
- How to convert smartphone contacts to a CSV file
- How to leverage Facebook in creating a custom audience
Connect with Kevin Markarian
Kevin’s San Francisco brokerages can be found online at markersf.com, and his Orange County site is markeroc.com. For more information about his coaching practice, check out markersuccesscoaching.com.
EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey