The more things change, the more they remain the same. Yes, technology is changing the way we do business in real estate. And a lot of us abandoned the practice of nurturing our database in favor of portal leads that offered instant gratification. But as platforms like Realtor.com and Zillow demand more and more of our commissions, the agents who survive will be the ones who diversify their lead sources and combine the old principle of building relationships with tech advancements like artificial intelligence and automation to stay in front of their audience for the long haul.
Today, I’m having a round table discussion with several big names in the industry, including Howard Tager and Jeufeng Ge of Ylopo as well as top producers Mike Bjorkman, Mike Bernier and Gary Ashton. We begin with RDC’s acquisition of Opcity, examining how the portals are shifting to become brokerages and why agents MUST diversify their lead sources to avoid big-time disruption. We debate the idea of being an extension of a brand like Zillow versus building your own brand with support from a marketing service like Ylopo.
We also explain how agents can compete with portals by ‘swimming upstream,’ leveraging AI and automation to nurture leads who are further out from a transaction and providing VALUE by offering sellers multiple options once they do raise their hand. Listen in to understand how the HUD lawsuit will impact your Facebook ads and learn why becoming a marketing specialist and building your own brand is more crucial now than ever!
- How RCD’s acquisition of Opcity is disrupting agent lead models
- Why agents need to become marketing specialists
- Why it’s critical to diversity your lead gen sources
- How to compete with portals by ‘fishing upstream’
- The idea of digital door-knocking to dominate a geographic farm
- Using AI to nurture your database + scale your efforts
- How a realtor’s skill set needs to change with the market
- Why building your own brand is more important now than ever
- How portals are becoming brokerages with ancillary services
- Competing against iBuyers by adding VALUE to the transaction
- The value in offering sellers multiple options
- How the HUD lawsuit will impact Facebook ads
- Leveraging the Facebook pixel to score your leads
Connect with Mike, Mike, Howard, Ge & Gary
Learn more about Ylopo at ylopo.com and connect with Howard and Ge on Facebook at facebook.com/ylopoinc. Get to know Mike Bjorkman at teambjorkman.com, Mike Bernier at linkedin.com/in/michael-bernier-1014a02b, and Gary Ashton at garyashton.com.