We typically talk about using video as a tool to generate attention and develop brand recognition. As a strategy for building relationships and staying in front of your sphere. But Karin Carr argues that if you’re smart about optimizing content, video can also be an effective lead generation tool. In fact, she gets more than 70% of her business from YouTube because she ranks at the top for key search terms.
Karin is the founder of YouTube for Agents, a platform where she teaches real estate professionals how to dominate their local market with video. An agent since 2005, she went all-in on video in 2017 after a move from Atlanta to Savannah left her without name recognition or a local sphere. Two years later, Karin has grown a robust YouTube channel that attracts clients—and her business has skyrocketed!
Today, Karin joins me to discuss how to rank your videos on YouTube, sharing the top resources for keyword research and the value of creating content specific to a particular niche. She explains why you don’t need to be perfect to be on camera and describes why it’s important to be yourself in videos. Listen in for Karin’s insight around using video to provide value without asking for business and learn how to use YouTube as a powerful lead generation tool.
- How Karin uses her YouTube channel as a lead gen tool
- Transcribing videos to generate an instant blog post
- Why YouTube is a search engine, not a social platform
- Karin’s top online resources for keyword research
- The production value of the videos on Karin’s channel
- Why you DON’T need to be perfect to be on camera
- Karin’s commitment to upload one video per week
- How video can bring you business for years to come
- Leveraging a YouTube presence in listing presentations
- Why it’s crucial to be yourself in your videos
- Demonstrating your value as an agent through video
- Karin’s insight on creating content specific to a niche
- Creating titles to rank at the top of search results
- Karin’s tips on providing value without asking for business