Success in real estate comes from seeing yourself not as an employee, but as a business owner. If you come at the profession with the mindset of a CEO and a willingness to give up some control, it is possible to scale up quickly and build a massive expansion team that generates seven-figure revenue on a consistent basis. Best of all, you can focus on the aspects of the business that you love—and delegate the rest!
Christopher Watters is the founder and CEO of Watters International Realty, one of the top real estate teams in Austin, Texas. In 2016, Chris’ team successfully closed more than $100M in sales, and since then, Watters International has grown into a national franchise system that supports other agents and teams in duplicating their success. Chris is also the author of The Million Dollar Real Estate Team: How I Went from Zero to Earning $1 Million After Expenses in Three Years.
Today, Chris joins me to share his early experience making cold calls for three hours a day and explain how investing in a coach helped him improve from two to 20 listings per month. He offers insight around his give-shit-up approach to building a team quickly and the abundance of bad marketing decisions he made along the way. Chris talks about how he made the transition from agent to CEO, eventually compiling the processes and documentation into the seven key pillars that make up the Watters International franchise system. Listen in for Chris’ advice on crafting a real estate business that focuses on your strengths and learn why hiring the right people—and enough of them—is the key to scaling up fast.
- Chris’ early experience cold calling three hours a day, five days a week
- How a coach supported Chris in improving from two to 20 listings a month
- Chris’ insight on finding two or three ‘lifers’ in every 10 hires
- How Chris’ team grew quickly as he delegated the jobs he didn’t enjoy
- Chris’ interest in marketing, lead generation and conversion
- The mental drain of taking 237 listing appointments in one month
- How much money Chris lost in bad hires and poor marketing decisions
- When Chris stopped being an agent to serve as CEO
- The seven key pillars of Chris’ real estate business-in-a-box
- How the Brand Ambassador Program generates a $30K monthly lead gen budget
- How Chris’ Austin team of 33 is on course to do 800 closings this year
- How to craft a real estate business that focuses on your strengths
- Why you have to build a bigger team than you think to scale quickly
- Chris’ view that the WHO matters more than any other aspect of your business
- Why teams in the ‘early climb’ should pursue low-cost lead sources
Connect with Chris Watters
Learn more about Watters International Realty at https://wattersfranchise.1851franchise.com/ and get a signed copy of Chris’ book, The Million Dollar Real Estate Team, by visiting http://unbouncepages.com/chris-watters-preorder-book/. Message Chris on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/chriswatters/ or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AustinTexasHomes.
The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It’s Not About the Money … It’s About Being the Best You Can Be by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks and Jay Papasan
The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle