Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
Social media marketing is about branding, not sales. And that’s where most real estate agents miss the mark. Social channels like Facebook and Instagram afford you the opportunity to build rapport with potential clients, sharing your interests so that people come to know you as a person. At the end of the day, your social connections need to know you’re in real estate—and like you.
Felix Hung, also known as #felixthecoach, is the Huntington Beach Branch Manager with Realty ONE Group. He also serves as a mentor, helping realtors significantly increase their sales volume through simple, effective systems that include a combination of traditional and social media marketing techniques. Felix has 14 years of experience in real estate, selling 100-plus homes in the DC Metro and California markets.
Today, Felix joins me to share his early social media missteps and his current success—to the tune of $8M in referral business in the last 30 days! He discusses using his personal Facebook page to build rapport through long-form blog posts and Facebook Live videos, sharing both personal interests as well as real-estate related content. We chat about the similarities between social media and direct-mail farming and the difference between ‘now business’ and social as a ‘future pipeline.’ Listen in for Felix’s insight around the psychology of developing content, and learn how to leverage social media as a marketing tool—just by being YOU.
- Felix’s early social media missteps
- How Felix generated $8M of referral business in 30 days
- Using your personal Facebook page to market your business
- How to leverage Facebook Live to build rapport
- Felix’s approach to long-form posts on Facebook
- Why Felix recommends sharing personal interests on Facebook Live
- The difference between branding and sales
- Case studies of personal AND real estate-related content
- Leveraging social to entertain and/or educate your audience
- The importance of exposing your vulnerability
- How social media parallels direct-mail farming
- Felix’s insight around using old-school strategies for NOW business
Connect with Felix Hung
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk