Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
How do you expand from a single agent to a team with multiple agents turning over more properties? And how do you make sure the team thrives and grows without you sacrificing yourself to do it? You’re running a business, not selling homes, and I’m talking to Barry Jenkins about how he does it. Barry is a team lead out of Virginia. He was a successful agent doing everything the wrong way until the real estate market crashed and he lost everything. He since went back to basics and built his business the right way. In this episode of The Real Estate Marketing Dude, Barry talks me through exactly how he got from just himself, to a thriving business of agents.
First, Barry and talk about the first days after the crash. Sort of by force, he started in REO properties. But despite the poor listings, he saw potential and saw beyond the initial properties. He tells me how nurturing relationships with investors eventually led to more lucrative deals.
But how do you start building a team? Barry tells me about his first-ever employee and how having her on board changed the nature of his business. He also tells me about his first two agents, and how he coached them to success, which in turn attracted more high-quality agents.
In the last part of this episode, we talk about how Barry nurtures his relationships, both with his team members and his clients. He runs down the things he does for his business, and how he keeps his team motivated. We talk about lead sources, and the differences between them. Finally, Barry shares the simple philosophy that helped guide him from the bottom, all the way to the top of a successful team.
- The hidden potential of REO properties
- Why a successful pre-crash business didn’t translate to post-crash success
- How identifying the right clients can turn even the worst property profitable
- The difference it can make when you hire help
- Why the most important aspect of selling homes isn’t sales
- You don’t have to be good at everything, you just have to hire people who complement you
- The differences between lead sources
- How to nurture a team
- How to nurture client relationships
- Why your sphere of influence deserves special attention
Connect with Barry Jenkins
To connect with Barry Jenkins, visit his website at VirginiaBeachRealtySearch.com.