Think you’ve got to pay to make it to the top of Google search results? The truth is, paid listings only account for 15% of traffic, while 85% comes from organic search results. And in a hyperlocal industry like real estate, you can leverage search engine optimization (SEO) to rank near the top and attract qualified leads to your site.
Geoff Atkinson is the Founder and CEO of Huckabuy, an SEO automation platform that helps businesses achieve measurable growth through greater search engine visibility and website traffic. Geoff is also the former Senior Vice President of Marketing with Overstock.com, where he spent nearly seven years learning the ins and outs of online marketing and SEO.
Today, Geoff joins me to discuss the basics of search engine optimization. He explains how creating unique content helps you compete for rankings and why keyword research is the fundamental first step in SEO. Geoff also describes the value of authenticity, offering insight into Google’s natural language processing feature. Listen in for ideas around highly specific, hyperlocal search terms you can use to get on page one of Google and learn how to generate quality leads through organic search!
- Geoff’s extensive background in online marketing
- The definition of search engine optimization or SEO
- Creating unique content to compete for rankings
- Why keyword research is the first step in SEO
- Identifying high-volume, low-competition terms
- Google’s natural language processing feature
- The advantage of highly specific search terms
- The conversion rate of organic results vs. paid listings
- Ideas for hyperlocal search terms agents can use
- Geoff’s insight on why ‘page one is everything’
- How inbound links drive domain authority
- Geoff’s advice for how to get started with SEO
- How often keywords should appear in your content
Connect with Geoff
Contact Geoff and his team at huckabuy.com.