‘If what makes you different is something that you’re writing a check for, then there’s nothing different about you.’
Are you buying your audience from a third-party platform like Zillow or Facebook? If so, you are putting yourself in a difficult position for two reasons: 1) That audience can easily be taken away from you with the simple change of an algorithm, and 2) You’re missing out on the opportunity to build an authentic community of your own, one that connects with your voice and your values. So, how can you STOP relying on a third party for leads and START attracting your own business?
Guillermo Serafin is a lifelong entrepreneur with 15 years of experience in real estate, mortgage lending and insurance. Tired of paying a LOT of money for leads that were not buyer ready, Guillermo geeked out on digital marketing. Today, he serves as a consultant, supporting agents in generating high-quality leads by way of business-minded online marketing strategy. Guillermo is also an author on the Lab Coat Agents platform.
On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Dude Podcast, Guillermo joins me to discuss how recent changes to Zillow are driving up the cost of leads and how his interest in digital marketing grew out of frustration with these third-party platforms. He explains why consumers care more about service and experience than price, the diverse skill set an agent needs to excel, and the value of storytelling on social media—rather than bragging about how much money you made. Guillermo describes how to tailor your message to a particular platform based on the consumer’s intent and why you can’t automate authenticity. Listen in for Guillermo’s insight around building your own audience as opposed to buying one from a third party!
- Guillermo’s 15-year background in real estate and digital marketing
- How recent changes to the Zillow platform impact the cost of leads
- Guillermo’s take on relying on something you bought to stand out
- Why service and experience are more important than price
- Guillermo’s advice around delivering a consistent message
- The diverse skill set an agent needs to excel
- The value of storytelling on social media vs. bragging about money
- Why fighting for attention is more important than fighting for leads
- Guillermo’s insight around tailoring your message to a platform
- The significance of building authentic relationships online
- The danger in automating what you post on social media
- Guillermo’s guidance around building your own audience
- Why referral business should be your primary focus
- Guillermo’s insight on expanding your knowledge beyond real estate