The image is a close-up of a guy in tighty-whities and a girl laughing. The text reads, “Don’t get caught with your pants down in the new real estate market!” As you might imagine, this unique marketing campaign made then new agent Peter Lorimer stand out like a sore thumb, repelling people who thought it was offensive and attracting edgy creatives—who he still serves today.
Peter is an entrepreneur, real estate expert and co-host of the Netflix series Stay Here. He is also the Founder and CEO of PLG Estates, a Los Angeles firm of nearly 200 agents that takes a punk rock approach to real estate. Peter began his career as a music producer, accumulating 30-plus #1 hits before retiring from the industry in 2003. Investing in LA real estate led to a career as an agent with Keller Williams, where he was the 2009 Top Producer for all of LA County. Inspired to focus on serving clients in the entertainment industry, Peter launched PLG in 2010.
On this episode, Peter joins me to discuss his transition from producing records to real estate, explaining what he knows about branding from the music business and how his brokerage caters to creatives. He discusses the importance of authenticity in marketing your brand and shares the light bulb moment that inspired him to become a content machine. Listen in for Peter’s formula for converting leads through social media and how to stand out with your sphere and WIN more real estate business!
- What Peter knows about branding from producing records
- Peter’s first marketing campaign as a new real estate agent
- Peter’s decision to niche down + focus on serving creatives
- Why authenticity is crucial in marketing your brand
- The light bulb moment that inspired Peter’s video content
- Chasing Zillow leads to feel busy vs. prospecting your SOI
- Peter’s formula for converting leads through social media
- Peter’s ‘let them talk’ theory of prospecting his database
- The doors that open from creating media around your brand
- Peter’s advice on remaining in action and out of expectation
Connect with Peter
Check out Peter’s website at peterlorimer.com, or follow his YouTube Channel at youtube.com/peterlorimerofficial. Find Peter on Facebook at facebook.com/PeterLorimerOfficial or Twitter at twitter.com/peterlorimer. Learn more about PLG Estates at plgestates.com and watch Stay Here on Netflix at netflix.com/title/80201870.