As the real estate industry gets more and more competitive, agents and brokers must find ways to stand out—especially in markets where inventory is tight and there are many more buyers than available listings. How do you get creative and hunt down listings that are not on the MLS? Are there unique ways to work with FSBOs or expired listings that go beyond the traditional scripts? What can you do to distinguish yourself as a real estate professional and thrive in a competitive market?
Mike Bernier is the managing broker and co-owner of Realty Group, a Twin Cities brokerage with a focus on agent development and production that has grown from eight to 270 agents in four years. Mike has 20 years of experience in the industry, and he also serves as a Club Wealth mentor and trainer, supporting REALTORS of all experience levels in developing their talents. Mike believes that real estate is a career of advocacy, and his brokerage is a leader in engaging new ideas to bring buyers and sellers together.
Today, Mike sits down with me to explain how his brokerage continues to stand out in Minneapolis-Saint Paul’s tight inventory market. He shares some of the tools Realty Group uses to consolidate in-house inventory and capture leads. Mike offers insight around asking for an introduction rather than a referral and starting a conversation with content that solves a problem. He discusses the role of responsiveness and integrity in the real estate business, sharing his view of closing as the beginning of a relationship—not the end. Listen in for Realty Group’s unique strategy for collaborating with FSBOs and learn how to win in a competitive market by operating proactively, getting back to basics, and doubling down on your strengths!
- The tight inventory market in Minneapolis-Saint Paul
- How Realty Group consolidates in-house inventory with offMLS
- Mike’s back-to-basics strategy for finding listings
- Why Mike asks for an introduction rather than a referral
- Starting a conversation by creating the solution to a problem
- How Mike uses CallAction to develop a lead capture system
- The role of responsiveness and integrity in real estate
- Mike’s view of the close as the beginning of a relationship
- Why your database is more important than the next ‘shiny object’
- Realty Group’s unique strategy for collaborating with FSBOs
- How to stand out by building content around an idea or solution
- The value of operating proactively rather than reactively
Connect with Mike Bernier
Visit the Realty Group website at realtygroupmn.com or contact Mike directly at (651) 587-2396 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about his coaching services through Club Wealth at clubwealth.com/about/meet-our-coaches/michael-bernier.