If you spend your days chasing leads because that’s what some guru told you to do, it won’t be long before you’re burned out and looking for another business. The truth is, you can stop prospecting today and start attracting clients through referrals.
Michael Maher is the master trainer and real estate consultant behind ReferCo, a system for attracting referrals based on a philosophy of generosity and appreciation. His real estate career began in 1999, and within three years, Michael had done 187 transactions as a solo agent, netting $1M. He shares his strategies for attracting business in 7L: The Seven Levels of Communication: Go from Relationships to Referrals, the #1 book in the real estate sales category on Amazon for the last nine years.
On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Dude, Michael joins me to explain how turn clients into true brand ambassadors by maximizing one-on-one AND one-to-many relationships. He shares his like + like = 2 loves formula for generating referrals and discusses how to create a business model based on making people feel awesome—not awkward. Listen in for Michael’s insight on designing an event-based business, giving personalized gifts, and playing the referral game TO WIN.
- Michael’s early success as an agent + what inspired 7L
- Transforming clients into true brand ambassadors
- Maximizing one-to-one AND one-to-many relationships
- Michael’s like + like = 2 loves formula for referrals
- A business model based on making people feel awesome
- Why Michael doesn’t believe in asking for referrals
- Michael’s advice on creating an event-based business
- Why gifts should be personalized to the individual
- Building systems around generosity and appreciation