Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
If people aren’t talking shit about you, you’re not doing it right.
If you want to create a distinct personal brand and remain top-of-mind, you have to be willing to push the envelope. And if that means putting tape on your glasses and rapping under the stage name Egg White, so be it!
Sean Cahan serves as the President of Cornerstone Mortgage Group, a privately-owned bank out of San Diego. Sean oversees the operations and production of over $650M in loans annually, and under his leadership, Cornerstone has grown from a single local bank to a prosperous nationwide company with eight branches, licensed in 21 states. He has 13-plus years of experience in the industry, and Sean has achieved the #1 Top Producer award at Cornerstone three years running.
What makes Sean the top producer? He has learned how to live his brand, creating a distinct image that leverages his persona as a geek to be entertaining as well as informative. Today, Sean joins me to share his B2B business model and offer insight on why your marketing budget should focus on referral business. We discuss Sean’s strategy around creating videos, and he explains the importance of swinging for the fence in the first 30 seconds. Listen in to understand the value of consistency in presenting your personal brand, and learn how to build a brand around being YOURSELF!
- How Sean attracts attention by playing the role of the Mortgage Geek
- The value in pushing the envelope to gain publicity
- Why YOU are the brand in the real estate business
- Sean’s B2B business model for referrals from agents
- How agents introduce Sean to prospective clients through his videos
- Why your marketing budget should focus on generating referral business
- Sean’s strategy around producing videos that are informative and funny
- The tone shift from projecting a professional vs. personal image
- Why consistency is the key to personal branding
- How to make your brand easily referable
- How to be top of mind without becoming annoying
- The importance of swinging for the fences in the first 30 seconds
- Building your brand around your personality or hobby
Connect with Sean Cahan
Contact Sean by phone at 858-514-3600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the Mortgage Geek on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SeanCahan/, and check out Sean’s website at https://www.mortgagegeek.com/.