Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
The best way to describe Danny Morel’s approach to his brokerage—and life in general—is one of tough love. Danny sets high expectations for his agents and reciprocates by providing them with life-changing value in terms of growth and support. That explains why the 400 agents in his seven southern California offices produce as much as national-brand brokerages with 800 agents or more.
But Danny’s success has not come without challenges. He was selling 150 homes per year when the recession hit, and he went from $1.5M in commissions to dead broke and depressed. But Danny credits that setback with giving him the humility to become the success he is today: Intero Real Estate Services generates $40M in revenue annually, and his offices occupy two of the top ten spots in SoCal total closed production. Danny also runs M.PIRE University, a coaching company for aspiring entrepreneurs, and hosts the Danny Morel Show podcast. His upcoming event, Relentless 2018, boasts 2,500 participants and speakers the likes of Alex Rodriguez and Andy Frisella.
Today, Danny joins me to share the story of his passion and persistence. He explains his long-game philosophy, discussing why growth is more important than commissions and how he provides agents with the psychology and skill set they need to succeed. Danny offers insight around surrounding yourself with the right people, a community that provides accountability and support. Listen in to understand how Danny balances a ‘pressure as privilege’ culture with genuine caring for his agents.
- How Danny overcame a lack of mentorship with insatiable desire
- Why Danny blames weak leadership for the mediocrity in real estate
- The disadvantage of being income-focused
- How Danny’s brokerage provides life-changing value to its agents
- Why relationships are more important than commission
- How Danny invests in his agents through psychology, skill set and systems
- Generating AND converting leads on a continuous and consistent basis
- Surrounding yourself with the right people for accountability and support
- Danny’s philosophy of ‘pressure as a privilege’
- The relationship between a healthy business and a healthy body
- Why brokerages need to take training and support to the next level
- Why Danny looks for agents with an open heart
- Staying in your lane when it comes to lead gen mechanisms
Connect with Danny Morel
Learn more about Danny’s coaching program at https://www.mpireuniversity.com/, and register for Relentless at https://www.relentlessevent.com/. Get Danny’s daily wisdom by following him on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/dannymorel or join his Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/M.PIREBUILDERS.