Facebook is a social platform, but YouTube ads for real estate is better. People go there to see what’s going on and catch up with friends and family. YouTube, on the other hand, is a search engine. It’s intent-based, and people go there to be entertained or educated. So, what does this mean for us? How can we use YouTube ads to reach an audience that’s already searching for answers about real estate?
Lloyd Dodgen is the Digital Dude with us here at the Real Estate Marketing Dude. With a background in digital marketing, web development and SEO, he is an expert in the realm of Facebook and YouTube advertising for real estate professionals. In fact, one of Lloyd’s brokerage clients sold a $10M home—with a YouTube video!
On this episode, Lloyd joins me to explain how changes to Facebook inspired his interest in marketing for real estate on YouTube. He describes the differences between the two platforms, discussing how YouTube’s function as a search engine makes it a more powerful tool for finding your ideal clients. We also cover the power of video to connect with others (at scale) and convey a message effectively. Listen in for insight on using YouTube ads to target a very specific audience and learn what to say in a video to attract leads and grow your real estate business.
- Lloyd’s background in digital marketing + web development
- YouTube as a search engine vs. Facebook as a social platform
- How to leverage video to build relationships at scale
- Using YouTube ads to hijack traffic to other channels
- YouTube targeting for demographics + previous searches
- How to stay top-of-mind for very little $ with YouTube ads
- How to create a relocation campaign by way of YouTube
- Lloyd’s insight around the components of a great video
- Creating a call to action that leads viewers to the next step
- How to balance brand awareness with expertise videos